Step 1-Welcome Class of 2020!
- All first-time freshman students and new transfer students with less than 12 transferable hours will need to successfully complete Texan Orientation prior to registering for courses. Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements must be met prior to receiving an invitation. Beginning in January 2016, students will be contacted with additional information concerning Texan Orientation from the Office of Transition and Family Relations Programs located in the Thompson Student Center. Students may contact this office at 254-968-9490, firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit the Transition and Family Relations Programs website.
- New transfer students with 30 or more transferable hours must meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for Fall courses.
- Specifically, transfer students on the Stephenville campus with 12 transferable hours must meet with a Faculty Advisor in Academic Advising Center (Thompson Student Center, Room 13) or academic department.
We are preparing for your arrival to Tarleton State University for 2016 Texan Orientation. Tarleton will offer several orientation dates throughout the summer.
To register for Texan Orientation, you will use the link contained in an invitation that was sent to the email address with which you applied to the University. All students who have been admitted for Fall 2016 who are eligible and required to attend orientation will receive an email beginning January 2016. If you need to search for this email, it was sent from email@example.com . If you need the email re-sent, or want to inquire as to why you have not yet received the invitation, please contact our office at (254) 968-9490 so we can assist you.
Plan now for one of the following dates:
- Saturday, April 9, 2016 - Texan Scholars (Invitation Only)
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 - Texan Scholars (Invitation Only)
- Friday, June 10, 2016 - Texan Orientation (FULL/Closed to new registrants)
- Thursday, June 23, 2016 - Texan Orientation (FULL/Closed to new registrants)
- Friday, June 24, 2016 - Texan Orientation (FULL/Closed to new registrants)
- Thursday, July 14, 2016 - Texan Orientation (FULL/Closed to new registrants)
- Friday, July 15, 2016 - Texan Orientation (FULL/Closed to new registrants)
- Friday, July 22, 2016 - Texan Orientation
- Students will receive an invitation (sent to the email address provided when the student applied to Tarleton State University) with a link to the online registration.*
*If the registration link does not allow you to access the registration tool, you have not yet been invited to Texan Orientation
Parents & Family Members
- Parents & family members will register online with students
While students are completing their registration for orientation there will be an option to include guests at a nominal fee.
What to Expect
You will have the opportunity to interact with Tarleton faculty, meet and connect with current students, receive academic advising, register for classes, explore our campus, become familiar with our traditions, and more!
View a schedule summary for a typical day at Texan Orientation.
*In preparing you to be the Class of 2020, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothes! Inside of buildings may be cool, so bring a light jacket just in case.
Who Should Attend
Freshmen. Orientation is mandatory for all first-time freshmen with less than 12 credit hours. College courses taken while in high school DO NOT COUNT in the 12 hour total. Registration for classes occur during this day. If a new student does not attend orientation, he/she will not be eligible to register for classes pertaining to that semester. Also, be sure to check out Duck Camp!
Transfer, International, and Nontraditional Students. Any student with less than 12 hours of transferable college credits is required to attend orientation. Attending Texan Orientation gives you a chance to adjust and learn about campus life. Also, be sure to check out Texan Camp!
Parents and Family Members. Students are not required to bring guests, although it is highly encouraged that parents and other family members join their students and participate in the transitional process into college. Texan Orientation offers activities specially intended for parents and other guests to give them the information needed in order to help their student succeed. Parents, be sure to check out our TPA booth that will be set up during orientation!
Guests welcome at a nominal fee of $45 per guest
Parking is free for visitors. Also, students don’t forget to order your parking pass online today!
If you need additional information or have any questions, call (254) 968-9490 for assistance.