Child Development Center
The Child Development Center provides quality child care for children ages 3 to 5 and early childhood laboratory experience for Tarleton State University students.
The center is located in the Department of Family & Consumer Sciences in Kinesiology, Room 172.
The purpose of the Child Development Center is to provide a learning experience for University students engaged in the study of child development, and to provide a pleasurable learning experience for children enrolled in the program.
The Child Development Center provides a loving and affectionate atmosphere and at all times respects the dignity, feelings and needs of the individuals (child and adult) in the program. We strive to give the child freedom to explore and create to make the experience the most meaningful possible.
Our Goals Include:
- providing the child with learning experiences through play activities
- a pleasant social experience through interactions with members of the group
- the opportunity for physical activity to increase muscle development and control
- to meet the individual needs of the child -- physical, intellectual, social and emotional
- to recognize the different levels of preschool children
Dr. Kimberlee Spencer, Director
Tarleton State University Child Development Center
Stephenville, TX 76402
CDC Foyer: 254-968-9788
If you have questions or comments, please email Elizabeth Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.