Tarleton State University Department of Curriculum & Instruction
The mission of the Department of Curriculum & Instruction is to prepare individuals to become self-directed professionals who have a systemic understanding of education in America and specifically Texas and to provide leadership through scholarship, and service to the extended community and professionals.
Congratulations to our Spring 2014 Student Teachers!
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi
News and Events
Summer 2016 Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Interdisciplinary Studies Majors
- EC – 6 Generalist with ESL
- 4 – 8 Middle School
- All Level Special Education with EC – 6 Generalist with ESL
Applying to the Summer 2016 Tarleton Teacher Education Program
- June 10 - Friday
- Deadline to complete “Request for Degree Evaluation and Certificate Plan”
- Turn in form to Angie Jones, EDU 320, ASAP. Forms will not be accepted past the deadline.
- After completing and submitting the request form,
- Schedule an appointment with assigned advisor to complete checklist (check advisor’s office door for list of students)
- June 27 - Monday
- Last day to sign up for departmental screening process in EDU 320 (interview)
- Deadline for Spring semester Tarleton Teacher Education Applications. Submit applications to MATH 101
Departmental Screening Dates (Interview and Writing Sample):
Stephenville - June 30 & July 1
Southwest Metroplex - Interview-June 30 & Writing Sample-July 7