Tarleton State University is required to have an active and on-going records management program in compliance with federal and state laws. Tarleton’s records management program is coordinated by the University Records Officer, working with the designated Departmental Records Coordinators.
Records management is the field of management responsible for the creation, use, maintenance, retention of records, ensuring access to public information and proper disposition of University records.
- Records Retention Schedule
- Records Destruction Form
- Records Coordinator Designation Form
- Tarleton SAP 61.99.01.T0.01 Records Management
- Records Management Training
- Managing Your Email Reference Guide
- A&M System Records Management
- State Records Management Laws
Note: For large disposition of University records, contact Facility Services and submit a workorder to have large/locking recycle bins delivered and picked up for document shredding.
NOTE: For proper disposition of University diskettes and zip drives, contact Russel Thompson, Information Technology Services at Ext 9392 for more information.