Live Green, Breathe Purple
What You Should Know
To have your recycling totes emptied contact Ralph Reeves at 254-968-1875
Effective June 1, 2012, a university student printing policy will go into effect that will reduce excessive printing in campus computer labs. The decision to implement this policy was made very carefully in order to be an environmentally friendly institution and to live within budget constraints. This "pay-as-you-print" initiative is the best option for Tarleton. This page offers a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) concerning the new student printing policy. Updates will become available as the policy implementation date nears. For more information go to: www.tarleton.edu/saverpaper/
Our Utility Consumption
Energy & Renewable Resources
Tarleton entered into a four year contract starting September 1, 2007 and ending August 31, 2011 which ensures that 15% of the Total electricity provided to Tarleton State University will be produced by Renewable Sources (Wind Power).
As part of its mission to provide learning, research, and service, Tarleton State University is committed to serving as a responsible steward of the environment. We consequently commit to advocate environmental awareness, safety, and action; to respect and promote the health, safety and well-being of all Tarleton constituents; and to continuously improve the management of our natural resources.
As part of this obligation, we will comply with all applicable laws and regulations and:
- Control and continually improve environmental performance;
- Conserve, protect, and maintain natural resources;
- Minimize adverse environmental impacts;
- Safeguard environmental health, safety, and well-being;
- Encourage the use of renewable, reusable, recyclable, and recycled materials;
- Reduce risks associated with the use and storage of hazardous substances;
- Develop strategies to minimize the generation of wastes and encourage reuse and recycling;
- Promote environmentally responsible teaching, research, and outreach;
- Engage in environmental research and assessment;
- Encourage awareness of environmental issues; and
- Provide open communication about environmental concerns and the conservation of natural resources.