Tarleton State University invites and welcomes students, alumni, fans and guests to enjoy tailgating prior to all home football games at Memorial Stadium. The tailgating guidelines below are designed to ensure a safe, comfortable and fun experience for everyone involved.
Tarleton State University reserves the right to revoke tailgating privileges of any person or group for violation of these guidelines, university policy or of local, state and/or federal laws.
Tarleton State University does not sanction the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages by underage persons; nor does it sanction the violation of federal, state or local law.
- All entrances and traffic lanes must remain clear at all times.
- Each group is allowed only one (1) vehicle per tailgating space. A maximum of 3 vehicles with 3 spots or more.
- Tailgating spaces must be reserved through the Recreational Sports web site or purchased on game day at the Texan Alley entrance. Spots go quickly and may not be available on game day. Recreational Soprts staff will begin letting groups in at 7:30 a.m. on the game day.
- No open pit fires are allowed. Charcoal and wood grills are allowed, but fires must be contained to the grill. Charcoal must remain in the grill or trailer and cannot be dumped in the tailgate area or parking lot.
- Tarleton State University does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property. All tailgating spaces and/or personal items should be attended at all times to prevent issues from arising.
- All pets must remain on a leash and in the owner's control at all times. The pet owner will be held responsible for any injury or damage caused by their pet. Please always pick up after your pets.
- All trash and debris from tailgating activities must be cleaned up and disposed of in receptacles provided.
- Participants and organizations are prohibited from selling food, products and/or raffle tickets, campaigning for office, distributing petitions and/or lobbying for votes without prior written approval from the Recreational Sports office. For information, contact Daron Trussell at (254) 968-0761.
- Student tailgating is not permitted during the game, at halftime or after the game. Student tailgating at Texan Alley must end 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
- The possession and use of alcoholic beverages must be in compliance with all local, state and federal laws as well as Tarleton State University and Texas A&M University System policies.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to consume or be in possession of alcohol.
- Alcohol consumption is only allowed in the designated area of Texan Alley (lot P20). Alcohol is not allowed outside of the Texan Alley boundaries.
- All beverages must be in cans or plastic containers (cups). Alcohol in cans may be no larger than 12 ounces and must be kept in a cup or koozie.
- Kegs and/or glass bottles are strictly prohibited. No exceptions.
- Drinking games involving alcohol, funneling or any other games deemed inappropriate by Recreation Sports or Tarleton State University are prohibited. Any drinking game apparatus (i.e. funnels, beer pong tables, etc.) are also prohibited.
- The sale of alcohol or providing alcohol to anyone other than your guests is prohibited. Individuals or groups may not allow unrestricted access to alcoholic beverages.
- If alcoholic beverages are served, tailgaters must also serve an adequate amount of food and alternative beverages in the same location.
- All Texan Alley guests 21 and over must receive a City Limits Age Verified wrist band in order to drink at Texan Alley.
- All beverages must be in cans or plastic containers (cups). Alcohol in cans may be no larger than 16 ounces.
Note: It is risky to serve alcoholic beverages to anyone other than yourself and your immediate party. You may be liable to guests and others for injuries from serving alcohol, especially to a minor.
- All students attending gameday tailgating events at Tarleton State University are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the pride and character of the University. Any individual acting in a disruptive, disrespectful or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or may be subject to removal or arrest by University Police.
- Violation of any of these guidelines may result in immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution and/or disciplinary action through the Office of Student Judicial Affairs. Students may also be charged with violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Guest who exhibit unruly or disruptive behavior, who are clearly intoxicated or who are determined to be under the age of 21 and in possession of alcohol, are subject to arrest and/or removal from the premises.
- Individuals who exhibit disruptive behavior and interfere with the rights of others by the use of loud, abusive language, music and or behavior, or who may prevent others from enjoying tailgating will be asked to cease and desist and may be directed to leave the premises if necessary.
- Tailgating is permitted 3 hours prior to game time.
- Tailgating without alcohol is permitted anywhere in the Memorial Stadium parking lot within the confines of your parking space and outside of the traffic lanes.
- Texan Alley (located in lot P20) is a designated tailgating location that provides a social gathering place and live music to compliment the game day experience. Alcohol consumption is only permitted within the boundaries of Texan Alley.
- All Texan Alley events will end 15 minutes prior to kickoff in order to allow fans ample time to make it to their seats.
- Tailgating in Texan Alley may not resume during halftime.
- In order to reserve a spot in Texan Alley, please call the Recreational Sports office at (254) 968-0761 by 5 p.m. the Friday before game day.
- If you will need electricity or tables provided at your tailgate site or wish to bring an RV, please provide Recreational Sports with prior notice.
- If you are a business or community group interested in participating or becoming a sponsor, please contact Daron Trussell at (254) 968-0761.