Take the steps to begin your journey:
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
Please submit proof of your Bacterial Meningitis vaccine to your Magnus Health account for Tarleton State University. Once you are admitted to Tarleton State University, your name will be submitted to Magnus Health for the creation of an account and could take up to 24 hours. The following instructions will guide you through logging into your account, deciding which document to submit, and how each document should be submitted. A one-time fee of $10 will be charged to submit documentation for your Tarleton State University account.
Students may be unable to register for classes until this requirement has been completed. The vaccine must be administered within the past five years and at least 10 days before the first day of classes.
|Admission Semester||1st Day of Classes||10 Days Prior Date|
|Summer 2016||May 10, 2016||April 30, 2016|
|Fall 2016||August 29, 2016||August 19, 2016|
The Admissions Office is no longer posting the bacterial meningitis proof.
Please refer to the instructions below for more information on submitting documentation.
- Be admitted to Tarleton. Your information will be submitted to Magnus Health the morning after you are admitted.
- Log into myGateway.
- Enter your University Identification Number (NTNET) for your “Gateway ID”. If you do not know your ID, you can retrieve it at www.tarleton.edu/uidlookup.
- Your PIN is your date of birth, MMDDYY.
- Click the Student tab on the Menu bar.
- Click the Duck Trax link.
- Click the “Submit Bacterial Meningitis Proof” link. This will direct you to the Magnus Health portal.
- Your MyGateway account is linked to your Magnus Health account through single-sign-on; therefore, you do not need to create an additional username and password. If you are directed to a page that is requesting an additional login, please exit and try the myGateway process again.
- You will be asked to verify your personal information.
- A one-time $10 processing fee payable to Magnus Health (a debit or credit card is required to make a payment).
- You will be guided through the remainder of the verification process through Magnus Health.
- You can always access Magnus Health by logging into your myGateway account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if this applies to me?
If any of the following applies to you, you are NOT required to submit proof of the Meningitis vaccine:
- If you are taking online only courses.
- If you are 22 years old or older (effective January 1, 2014)
Does this requirement apply to me if I take classes online?
- If you are only taking classes online (distance learner), you do not fall under this requirement.
- If you are taking classes online (distance learner) and on campus, you must complete the requirement.
- If you are taking classes at an off campus location, you must complete the requirement.
- If you are taking classes at an off campus location and on campus, you must complete the requirement.
How do I submit proof of vaccination or exemption for the meningitis vaccine?
When you log into your Magnus Health account, you will be given instructions on how to submit the required documentation via a 60-second, introductory video. The video provides a comprehensive overview of how to submit your documentation by uploading it directly to your account. If you are unable to upload, you can alternatively fax or mail the document to Magnus Health. If you need any additional assistance, please contact Magnus Health’s customer service.
To request an Exemption for Reasons of Conscience, a student can review the information on College Vaccination Requirements and request an affidavit . Once you receive the affidavit by mail from the Department of State Health Services (DSHS), follow the additional instructions on the College Vaccination Requirements site and then mail the original with your cover sheet to Magnus Health for review.
Who should I contact if I have questions regarding my Magnus Health account?
Magnus Health’s customer service team is available to answer any questions that you might have. You may email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, start a live chat, or call (877) 461-6831.
What happens if I don’t submit proper forms or proof of being vaccinated?
A hold will remain on your student record and you will not be able to register for classes until proper medical documentation is received.
What are my options if I wish to decline the vaccination?
You must obtain a waiver, signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, stating that, in the physician's opinion, the required vaccination for bacterial meningitis would be injurious to your health and well-being.
You must sign and submit a notarized affidavit stating that you decline the required vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. Additional information can be found at College Vaccine Requirements.
You will also receive instructions on how to request affidavit forms from the Texas Department of State Health Services once you’ve created your Magnus Health account. The original document must be mailed to Magnus Health.
To which school office or department should I submit my forms?
You will not submit any forms to any department at your school. Once you’ve created your Magnus Health account, you will submit all documents through your SMR (Student Medical Record) by uploading, faxing, or mailing them directly to Magnus Health. Detailed instructions on how to submit the required documentation are available via a 60-second, introductory video that plays when you log into your account. If you need any additional assistance, please contact Magnus Health’s customer service.
Where can I get the bacterial meningitis vaccine?
If you have not been vaccinated for bacterial meningitis within the past 5 years, you can obtain the vaccine from:
- your healthcare provider
- a local health clinic
- a pharmacy
- Tarleton Student Health Services
The vaccine must be administered at least 10 days prior to the first day of classes.
What if I don’t know or remember if I have been vaccinated?
Please contact your local health care provider for a medical opinion.
What is constitutes a bacterial meningitis vaccination?
The vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – MCV4 and MPSV4 – offer protection for Meningitis groups A, C, Y and W-135. Currently, MCV4 (Menactra and Menveo) and MPSV4 (Menomune) are the only vaccines that are accepted. Please visit the CDC website for additional information.
Magnus Health’s customer service team is available to answer any questions that you might have.
You may email them directly at email@example.com, start a live chat, or call (877) 461-6831.