Responsive Website Conversion Project
Web Services has been working on a long-term web redesign process to convert the Tarleton website to a new responsive design. Once completed, the website will optimally display all of its content on any device — small mobile phone to television monitor. This redesign, and the technological advances in responsive web development, will allow us to connect with current and prospective students like never before.
We already have published many new responsive pages on the website, including Tarleton’s homepage, the new degree pages and search feature, and the outreach location websites. We have seen tremendous amounts of traffic on these newly redesigned pages, with more than 500,000 page views (hits) in the degree search alone since it was published in August.
Currently we are working to convert all of the academic colleges and departments to the new responsive design. We are excited to publish our first set under the College of Education within the month. As we make our way through the more than 26,000 web pages on the Tarleton website, we will address outdated content and encourage different types of engaging content that have been recommended by users. We hope that you will take a moment to experience the new sites we have published and continue to help us advance Tarleton’s digital presence with your feedback and content contributions.
Where are we at?
Conversion to Responsive Schedule
- COE (finishing up in March 2016)
- COLFA (Beginning work March 14, 2016)
- Remaining timeline is TBD
How can I prepare?
Thanks for asking!
There are a couple of ways you can prepare your department, organization, or faculty web site for the conversion:
- Begin cleaning up the content on your existing website, regardless of how old and outdated your current design is. If all of your website content is already up-to-date at the time of conversion, it will help your project move faster.
- Begin collecting ideas on how you might want to reorganize your content. We will give you the opportunity to completely reorganize your website once we get to you in the timeline. We will contact you to schedule a consultation when we are ready to start in your area.
- Decide who will take on each role regarding the conversion project and ongoing updates for your unit. Review roles and responsibilities outline
- Email Web Services and let us know who the main point of contact is for your web site content so that we can more efficiently work with you.
- Please be patient with us during this process. We will do everything we possibly can to meet your needs during this time, but please realize that we might delay some requests for website organization changes or revamps until we get to you in the responsive project timeline.