Help and FAQs
Dick Smith Library offers research and informational assistance you can access in a variety of ways:
- Call 254-968-9249 or come see us anytime during regular library hours.
- Send questions to Ask a librarian. We'll respond as soon as possible.
- Check the links and FAQs below for more information.
Online Access & Assistance
- Usernames & passwords for library services
- Off-campus & distance learner library services
- Technology policies
- Ask for research assistance
- Borrow what you need
- Request technical assistance
- Research on the go
- Learn more
- Glossary of library terms
- Library of Congress call numbers
How do I reserve a study room?
Most of our study rooms are first come, first served. However, you can reserve rooms 225 and 231 for group study by calling the circulation desk at (254)968-9450, or by stopping by the desk. Click here for more information on study room policies.
My professor said that they put a book or article on reserve in the library. Where can I find it?
You can ask for it at the circulation desk in the lobby of the library. You can look up items that have been reserved in the reserves section of the catalog.
How much money do I get for printing each semester?
Each student gets $5.00 of printing credits each semester (including Summer). These credits do not roll over. After they are used up, students can use Texan Bucks for printing.