Welcome to the Teacher Education Program
News and Events
The official channel for University communication is a student's go.tarleton.edu email account. Students should expect all correspondence to be conducted through this method.
Students must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program before they will be allowed to take any additional professional development courses beyond EDU 320/ EDUC 3320.
Spring 2015 Admission letters will be mailed out on June 5, 2015.
SUMMER 2015 Due Dates
- Interdisciplinary Studies deadline to submit Request for Degree Evaluation and Certificate Plan - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - June 8, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Studies deadline to sign up for Departmental Screening - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - June 15, 2015
- Applications accepted - June 1 - July 1, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Studies Departmental Screening (Interview & Writing) - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - June 18 & 19, 2015
- Last day to submit test scores - August 7, 2015
- Last day to submit transfer grades - August 14, 2015
- Council will vote and admission letters will be mailed out - August 21, 2015
The goals of the Tarleton State University Teacher Education Program are to develop teachers who:
- possess appropriate knowledge and abilities in specific content areas or teaching fields;
- communicate effectively with students, parents, and other professionals;
- apply the principles of instructional planning in the development of curriculum;
- utilize effective teaching practices;
- formally and informally evaluate student performance and use the results of such assessment in the instructional decision-making process;
- promote critical thinking and participatory citizenship;
- are skilled in the use of instructional technology;
- are proficient in mathematical skills;
- operate within the legal guidelines and uphold the ethics of the teaching field;
- demonstrate concern for the general welfare of the student; and
- are committed to continued professional growth and development.