Return to Top
Welcome to the Tarleton TExES website!
News and Events
- Many of the TExES exams are offered continuously by computer (CAT). However, others are only offered by computer on specific 4-day test windows (Limited-Administration CAT). The Limited-Administration (CAT) windows are listed below. Please go to the "About the TExES Exams" link to find the routes by which the TExES exams are offered.
- Only students who have been given prior permission to take a test by computer may submit a request to test. All requests must be submitted in a timely manner and according to program guidelines.
- All requests to test will be processed in as timely a manner as possible.
Limited-Administration (CAT) Test Windows (see link on right for tests offered by Limited-Admin. CAT)
- October 23-26, 2013 (submit request form by September 13)
- January 8-11, 2014 (submit request form by November 29)
- March 12-15, 2014 (submit request form by February 7)
- April 16-19, 2014 (submit request form by March 7)
- May 21-24, 2014 (submit request form by April 11)
- June 18-21, 2014 (submit request form by May 9)
- August 20-23, 2014 (submit request form by July 11)
- You must submit your test request form to the TMATE Coordinator. Please DO NOT send your form directly to the Coordinator for Certification Testing.
Important Test Day Reminders!!
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to start time!
- Take your admission ticket!
- Take two forms of ID (Driver's license & Tarleton ID)
- DO NOT take your cell phone in the test center! Leave in car!
- DO NOT take study materials in the test center!
- DO NOT take food in the test center!
- 2013-2014 TExES Test Approval Request Form (electronic version)
- TExES Test Policy
- Paper-based (PBT) tests (2013-2014)
- Limited-Admin. CAT tests (2013-2014)
- Computer-administered (CAT) tests (continuous) 2013-2014
- Educational Testing Services (ETS)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Computer Testing Video (CAT Test Day Experience)
- BTLPT Spanish Test Video
- Study guides for the TExES exams
- Study guide for the Family & Consumer Science exam