The Texas Center for Educational Facilities
Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the Facilities Center is to provide evidence-based research to Texas public schools regarding the educational impact of facility design. The Facilities Center seeks to provide information and technical assistance to Texas public schools. Building relationships with school leaders is important to the Facilities Center in order to empower school communities with research to make decisions on student safety, health, and student academic performance.
The vision of the Facility Center is to partner with school leaders to provide the Texas educational community with a reliable resource when planning school facility projects. School leaders can find information, and technical assistance, to inform decisions related to educational facility planning, design, financing, construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance.
- Recently Released: EPA Energy Savings Plus Health: IAQ Guidelines for School Building Upgrades
- Schools test gunfire-locator system
- National institute of justice grants $6.1 million to school safety research
- Over 1,200 weapons taken from NYC students last school year
- State will offer school security training to educators, law enforcement
- Is concealed carry coming to a school near you?