Welcome to the Texas Social Media Research Institute
We are pleased you are visiting the website of the new Texas Social Media Research Institute at Tarleton State University.
This institute is a cross-collaborative initiative consisting of faculty, staff, and students who are focused on social media in Texas.
Congratulations to our New Social Media Coaches - Spring 2015
External Non-Profit Account: Fort Worth Museum of Science and History (@FWMSH)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Head Coach Victoria Greer
Content Promotion: Coach Amanda Castillo-Hicks, Coach Randi Morgan
Research Team: Coach Sarahann Flores, Coach Katlyn Gast
External Account: Texas Social Media Research Institute (@FWMSH)
Team Leader/Content Generator: Coach Alexandra Farrington
Content Generation: Coach Amanda Castillo-Hicks, Coach Randi Morgan
Research Team: Coach/Graduate Student Diana Martinez, Coach Marisa Alvarez
If your non-profit organization or business would like to form a partnership with TSMRI for the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters, please contact us: 254-307-8211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide support, training, and research focused on social media for K-12 education, government, higher education, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- To provide social media support and coverage for non-profit organizations and businesses (Texas and beyond).
- To connect with practitioners to facilitate training sessions for faculty, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- To publish and present communication technology and social media research on the local, regional, and national levels.
- To provide research experience for undergraduate students at Tarleton State University.
- To serve as a resource for faculty and staff (across the nation) who are interested in conducting research on communication technology and social media.
TSMRI Board Members
- Dr. Jennifer T. Edwards, Executive Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Dr. Credence Baker, Co-Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Ms. Cristi Horton, Co-Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Dr. Sarah Maben, Co-Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Ms. Yvonne Mulhern, Co-Director/Researcher (founding board member)
- Dr. Tony Edwards, Board Member/Researcher
- Mr. Justin Carrell, Board Member/Researcher
- Dr. Paul Stafford, 2013-2014 Board Member/Researcher
- Dr. Kayla Peak, 2012-2013 Board Member
- Ms. Alana Hefner, 2012-2013 Board Member
Current interns can be reached at email@example.com