Return to Top
Texan Shadow Overview - Students
- Do you want first-hand knowledge of a "day in the life" of a job or career field?
- Do you ever wonder "What would it be like to work for (you fill in the blank)?"
- Get first-hand experience "shadowing" a professional in the field of your choosing through Texan Shadow!
- See how your textbook learning can be applied in the real world.
- Apply online, and we will make the connection between you and a workplace mentor for a ONE DAY Texan Shadow!
Getting Started and Requirements
- First, complete the online Student Application telling us your areas of interest, how far you are willing to travel, etc.
- Once your application has been received, the system will send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your email address was typed incorrectly in the application. Contact Career Services, 254.968.9663 or 254.968.9078.
- Review the "How to Texan Shadow" PowerPoint (the link to the PowerPoint is on this page, on the right under "Resources"). You will need sound.
- Take the short quiz over the PowerPoint (the link to the quiz is on the last slide of the PowerPoint. Contact our office with any problems.) You must pass with an 80% or above. You have 10 days from the date you submit your application to complete the quiz. If your quiz is not received by that time, you risk forfeiting your application.
- Once you have passed the quiz, Career Services will contact you to set up a short, face-to-face appointment to clarify your Texan Shadow interests and application.
- Please allow at least 30 days for processing your placement after completing these steps. If you have any questions or problems please contact us at 254.968.9663 or email@example.com.
- things to consider:
- Student Security: We will will share some of the information in your packet (name, major, classification, contact info) with the employer with whom we place you. Please make sure your contact information is correct and your email address is professional.
- It is your responsibility to travel to the workplace for the shadow experience.
- After the shadow, we will send you a quick survey and we ask that you provide us with detailed feedback on your experience.
- Students are only allowed one Texan Shadow placement per semester, and placement is not guaranteed!