Texan Shadow Overview - Students
- Do you want first-hand knowledge of a "day in the life" of a job or career field?
- Do you ever wonder "What would it be like to work for (you fill in the blank)?"
- Get first-hand experience "shadowing" a professional in the field of your choosing through Texan Shadow!
- Follow the steps below, and let us match you up with a great opportunity!
Getting Started and Requirements
Ready to dive in?
Please note the following change:
Applications are only being accepted for Juniors, Seniors, Graduate Students, and Alumni at this time!
Applying to Texan Shadow is a Four-Step process. Your application is not complete until you have done all four of these things:
Complete an Online application
- Provide as much detail as you can.
- Submit your completed application
- Look for a confirmation email
Watch the PowerPoint slideshow.
- The PowerPoint is in the confirmation email
- You will need sound
Take (and pass) the Quiz.
- The link is located on the last PowerPoint Slide
- You have 10 days from when you submit your application to complete and submit your quiz!
- We will call you to arrange a quick interview
- This allows us to clarify your requests, and for you to ask questions.
Things to Consider:
- We will share some information in your application (name, major, classification, contact info) with your workplace mentor. Please make sure your info is correct and your email address is professional.
- Travel is your responsibility.
- Placement can take 30 days or more and is not guaranteed. We will do our best to place all applicants!
- We will send you a quick survey after your shadow and ask that you provide feedback to help us improve.