Select the link for information regarding the following:
- Student Memberships
- Tarleton Graduate Memberships
- Faculty/Staff Memberships
- Retiree Memberships
- Spouse Memberships
- Locker Rentals
A guest pass is available to a single guest (16 years of age or older) accompanied by a current member for a fee of $10 in the form of cash or check. Credit cards are accepted for guest pass sales during office hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. The guest pass is valid ONLY from the time of purchase until the facility closes. An additional guest pass must be purchased to enter the next day.
Stephenville students taking one or more semester hours automatically become Recreation Sports Center members when they register and pay the Recreational Sports fee, which is included in their tuition. Student spouses can now purchase a membership if the student is currently enrolled.
The Recreation Sports Center is now offering memberships to our Tarleton State University graduates and their spouses!
Graduate membership fees will be $150 for each long semester, and $75 for the summer months of June and July. Graduate spouse membership fees will be $175 for each long semester, and $75 for the summer months of June and July. Membership requirements include status as a Tarleton graduate, and current membership in the Tarleton Alumni Association. Spouse memberships can be purchased if the Tarleton graduate is an active member of the Recreation Sports Center.
In order to join the Center you need to bring current proof of membership in the Tarleton Alumni Association. To join the Tarleton Alumni Association, please call the Alumni House at 254-968-9682. All graduates will need to purchase an ID card, for a $10 fee, through the Texan Card office (254-968-1880). Also, a guest parking pass is required to use the parking lots and can be obtained free of charge through the University Parking office (254-968-9001). The ID card and parking pass can be acquired after you pay for your RSC membership and show them a receipt for proof of payment.
If you would like to enroll for membership, please visit the Recreation Sports Center administrative office anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information about membership and policy issues (e.g. hours of operation, holiday hours, dress code, etc), visit the policies and procedures area of our website.
We are very excited about providing this service! If you have any questions, please call the Recreational Sports Center at 254-968-9912.
Besides students, the following individuals are eligible to purchase Recreation Sports Center memberships:
- Current staff members of Tarleton State University
- Current faculty members of Tarleton State University
- Spouses of current staff/faculty/student members of Tarleton State University (only if staff/faculty/student member has a current membership to the Recreation Sports Center)
Definition of spouse: “I have a valid marriage license that complies with the requirements of Chapter 2, Subchapter A of the Texas Family Code, or my spouse is a common-law spouse as defined in Section 2.401 of the Texas Family Code, which states: There are three essential elements of a common-law marriage: 1) an agreement presently to become husband and wife, 2) a living together pursuant to the agreement and cohabitation as husband and wife and 3) a holding out of each other to the public as husband and wife.”
Memberships include access to the Recreation Sports Center and its equipment.
- Membership sign-up is available in the Recreation Sports Center administrative offices during normal business hours.
- Membership can be paid in full by cash, check, credit card, or payroll deduction (see time frames below).
- Faculty/staff must provide their current Tarleton State University ID and UIN number
- The membership contract cannot be cancelled until the end of the contract period
- No refunds or pro-rating will be given for any reason.
- Spouse of faculty/staff/student member must go by the Tarleton State University Parking Office to obtain a guest pass for parking at the Recreation Sports Center. Show your Recreation Sports Center membership card to parking office personnel to receive this pass.
If a faculty/staff member has a termination of employment or retires during the contract period, they will no longer have access to the Recreation Sports Center. Active membership is defined as being a current employee or spouse of a current employee. If a faculty/staff member pays the recreation sports center fee through tuition fees after paying for their membership, no refund will be issued.
Retirees of Tarleton State University
Beginning June 1, 2008 memberships will be offered to retirees with a limited enrollment of 75 on a first come, first serve basis. Retirees must obtain an ID through the Texan Card office, at no cost, for access into the center. You must also obtain a guest parking pass through the Tarleton State University Parking Office for parking at the Recreation Sports Center.
If members lose their ID card they are responsible for the replacement cost, determined by the Tarleton Texan Card office.
Membership prices for faculty/staff/retiree are:
- $100.00 per semester for Fall and Spring semesters
- $50.00 additional fee for summer months, or
- $250.00 annually
Membership prices for spouse of faculty/staff/students are:
- $125.00 per semester for Fall and Spring semesters
- $50.00 additional fee for summer months, or
- $300.00 annually
Payment can be made by cash or check only. No credit cards can be accepted.
The Recreation Sports Center has a limited number of lockers available for rent. Click on the following link for information on this service.