ONLINE EXAM PROCTORING FOR TSU COURSES
A proctored exam is a supervised exam. Tarleton State University Distributed Education Students, enrolled in an online (Internet) course or program, are responsible for arranging for a proctor to oversee the exam process. TSU Distributed Education Students, enrolled in an online (Internet) course or program must submit a Proctor Information Form three weeks prior to the examination. All proctors must be approved by Academic Testing prior to any testing.
The proctor must BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO BE APPROVED:
- certified librarian
- military education services officer
- Professional testing CENTER or administratOR of a college or university
- credentialed guidance OR HIGH SCHOOL counselor
Relatives, no matter what their position, may not serve as a proctor. persons currently enrolled in a Tarleton state university will not be allowed to proctor other tsu students. Proctors usually will supervise exams without charge. However, if any charges are involved, payment will be the responsibility of the student.
The necessary steps for taking a proctored exam are outline below:
- Submit a completed and signed TSU ONLINE Proctor Information Form to Academic Testing three weeks prior to each examination. Include the name, title, address, phone number, fax number, and email address of you proctor. In the event that the proctor submitted is not suitable, or cannot be contacted by the SAS office, you will be notified to find a replacement.
- Exams will be emailed or mailed to the proctor as soon as they are made available to Academic Testing.
- Plan to take exams within the time allowed per the directions of the instructor indicated on the cover sheet of the exam.
- Plan to arrive at the testing location at least fifteen minutes before the time set for the exam. Remember to bring a PHOTO ID, PEN or PENCIL, and any other supplies that may be required by your instructor. Prohibited items include: NO CELL PHONES, CHILDREN, FOOD, DRINKS or TOBACCO.
- Upon completing the exam, return the exam to the proctor and the proctor will return the exam to the Instructor. Proctoring, postage and mailing envelopes are the responsibility of the student.
Note: If a student is not able to take the exam at the designated time, special arrangements need to be approved by the instructor. Academic TEsting cannot approve any requests for examination procedures that do not coincide with those set by the instructor. The instructor reserves the right to refuse a make-up exam, assign an alternative exam, or not accept exams that were turned in late by students.
PROCTORING FOR NON-TSU COURSES OR STUDENTS
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (closed from 12-1pm)
- Testing Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 12:00pm, 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm & Fridays at 8:30am
- Make an appointment: - testing@exchange.Tarleton.edu or call 254-968-9423
- Administration Fee: $10.00 per exam
- All Fees MUST be paid prior to testing and may be paid at the following locations:
- ONLINE: https://epay.Tarleton.edu/C20203_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=1
- IN PERSON: Cash, check, cashiers check or Money Order at the cashiers window in the TSU Administration Building.
- Please bring with you at time of testing appoinment:
- Print and bring your receipt for proof of payment
- Valid Photo ID
- NO CELL PHONES, CHILDREN, FOOD, DRINKS or TOBACCO
Academic Testing is obligated to report scores that accurately reflect the performance of all test takers. For this reason, test administration and test security standards must be followed. The following activities are strictly prohibited in the testing room: giving or receiving assistance of any kind, attempting to remove test materials from the testing room, using unauthorized testing aids, attempting to take the test for someone else, failure to follow testing procedures, or causing a disturbance of any kind. Also you may not bring in the testing room: children, food, tobacco or drinks. If you use an unauthorized aid, fail to follow testing procedures, or engage in any type of misconduct, you may be dismissed from the testing center and your scores can and will be canceled.