Take the steps to begin your journey:
Off Campus Transfer Students
Students choosing to attend any off-campus location:
- Southwest Metroplex Center (Fort Worth)
- Navarro College - Midlothian
- McLennan Community College - Waco
- Global Campus - Online
Students who live within the specific counties listed below will be classified as a student at one of our outreach campus locations and may take face-to-face classes at the campus. Students assigned to one of these locations who are enrolled in an online program will be assessed an online course fee per course based on the associated degree program. This fee is to allow the delivery and ensure the quality of The University's Distance/Distributed Education Programs.
Stephenville - Erath, Comanche, Eastland, Hood, Palo Pinto, Hamilton, Somervell
Southwest Metroplex - Tarrant, Parker, Johnson
Waco - McLennan, Hill
Midlothian - Dallas, Ellis
Special Requirements for Admission
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 hours of transferable college credit with an overall 2.0 GPA
- Pass all sections of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) or provide exemptions
Senate Bill 1321 entitles residents of the state of Texas to seek admission to public institutions of higher education without consideration of courses taken ten or more years prior to enrollment. This bill gives students the option of electing to have course work taken ten or more years prior to the starting date of the semester in which the applicant seeks to enroll either counted as usual or ignored for admission purposes. Applicants who elect to apply for admission under this law and who are admitted as students may not receive any course credit for courses taken ten or more years prior to enrollment.
Credits earned at another accredited institution are accepted as recorded on the official transcript. However, because of differences in institutional degree requirements and course content, some credits transferred may not apply toward satisfying degree requirements at Tarleton. A maximum of 68 semester hours of academic credit plus 4 semester hours of physical education credit will be accepted for degree credit from a two-year institution.
- All academic credit courses, including those that carry a grade of "F" will be articulated to the Tarleton transcript.
- Remedial/developmental courses will not be entered and will not be used in the admissions decision.
- When a course has been repeated at another school, both will be transcribed but the lower grade will be excluded from the grade point average for admissions eligibility.
- Only those transferred hours that have been transcribed will be used to determine admissions eligibility.
- The current admissions rules (See Transfer Student Qualifications) will be applied to the transcribed hours only.
The student is responsible for having all official transcripts sent to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
- Texas Common Course Numbering System
- Transfer Services - Guide to Transferring
- Financial Aid Consortium
- Common Core (General Education Requirements)
- Course Equivalencies
- Request to Evaluate Courses: For Courses Taken at Another Institution
- Academic Advising Services
- Students Right to Know
- Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Residency Information
- Residency Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board