Summer 2015 Commencement Ceremony Information
The commencement ceremonies for all undergraduate and graduate students at Tarleton State University, will be held Saturday, August 8, 2015, in Wisdom Gymnasium. View our maps page for directions and a map to the ceremony locations.
Commencement and Hooding Ceremonies
All ceremonies will be held in the Wisdom Gymnasium
SATURDAY, August 8, 2015
College of Business Administration
College of Liberal and Fine Arts
- 9 tickets per graduate
College of Graduate Studies
- 14 tickets per graduate
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
College of Education
College of Science and Technology
- 9 tickets per graduate
Vital information concerning the status of the graduation application is sent to each student's go.tarleton email account. Failure to check this account regularly may prohibit applicant's graduation and degree conferral.
It is the policy of Tarleton State University to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws. If you will be attending graduation and will need disability related accommodations in order to have access, please contact the Center for Access and Academic Testing (CAAT), at 254.968.9400 or email@example.com.
All graduation candidates should arrive at Wisdom Gymnasium one hour prior to the beginning of the ceremony for check-in. Check-in will be in the small volleyball gym where candidates will receive a name card that they will hand to the announcer as they cross the stage.
All students are required to remain seated until the ceremony has concluded. Once the ceremony has completed, students will be allowed to leave.
Dress appropriately for the commencement ceremony.
Parking is available in any university parking lot. Handicapped parking will be available on the South side of Wisdom Gym. Appropriate permits required.
Access to Wisdom Gym for both graduates and guests is ONLY through the main South entrance. Tickets will be collected.
It will be very important to designate a meeting place prior to the ceremony because graduates and guests will be leaving the facility through a variety of exits. Following the ceremony, graduates will exit Wisdom Gym on the south side of the building (southwest corner). Guests will be directed through a variety of exits around the perimeter of the building based on where they are seated in Wisdom Gym. Graduates/guests will NOT be allowed back in Wisdom Gym due to preparation for the next ceremony.
All ceremonies will require tickets. A ticket is required for everyone age 2 and older.
Graduates will receive the following number of tickets for their ceremony
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Science - 9 tickets
- College of Business Administration - 9 tickets
- College of Education - 9 tickets
- College of Liberal and Fine Arts - 9 tickets
- College of Science and Technology - 9 tickets
- College of Graduate Studies - 14 tickets
Ticket distribution will begin Monday, July 13th at 1:00 pm in the locations listed below.
- Only students, who have filed for graduation through the Registrar's Office, will be able to participate in the ceremony and pick up tickets.
- Students will be required to show picture ID before tickets are released.
Distribution will cease at 5:00 pm on Friday, July 31st.
- Any tickets not picked up by 5:00 pm will be made available on a first come first served basis the following week.
Extra Ticket Distribution will begin at 1:00 pm on Monday, August 3rd.
- Extra Ticket Distribution will take place in the same locations.
- Only students, who have filed for graduation through the Registrar's Office, will be able to pick up tickets
- Students may receive an allotment of up to 4 additional tickets at a time.
Extra Ticket Distribution will cease at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 5th or when all tickets have been distributed.
Graduate Students: Tickets for ALL graduate students (all campuses) will be handled through the College of Graduate Studies on the Stephenville campus.
Online Students: Tickets for Distance Learning Students will be handled through the Dean's offices on the Stephenville campus.
Please visit your academic Dean's office (see information below) to pick up your tickets.
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences: Joe W. Autry Agriculture Building Room 101. See Carol Murphy. Phone: 254-968-9227
- College of Business Administration: Business Building Room 173, See Sharon Iley. Phone: 254-968-9350
- College of Education: E.J. Howell Education Building Room 105, See Tracy Rogers. Phone: 254-968-9089
- College of Liberal and Fine Arts: O.A. Grant Building Room 241, See April Acker. Phone: 254-968-9141
- College of Science and Technology: Lamar Johnson Science Building Room 119, See Sheila Hawkins. Phone: 254-968-9781
- College of Graduate Studies: Location: Admin Annex II, South Side Contact: Elizabeth Dunn Phone: 254-968-9104
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for all graduate students (Stephenville/Outreach Campuses/Online) will be handled by the College of Graduate Studies. If you are enrolled at one of the Outreach Campuses or online, please contact the College of Graduate Studies/Elizabeth Dunn at 254-968-9104 to arrange for your tickets. Stephenville campus graduate students will pick up tickets from the College of Graduate Studies office.
Southwest Metroplex Center:
5th floor of the Hickman Building
Medical Laboratory Students
Darsa Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Clint Dennard / Kimberly Jaska
Michaelis Academic Center Building, University Center Offices
Building #2 Midlothian Higher Education Center, Navarro College Midlothian Campus
Please contact your academic Dean's office to make arrangements to receive your tickets.
Diplomas will be handed out on stage if possible.
Reasons why a student might not receive a diploma at the ceremony include, but not are limited to:
- Missing Grades
- Failing or Incomplete Grades
- Missing paperwork (i.e. substitutions)
- Transcripts not received from other Universities for work that will be transferred in
Any student not receiving his/her diploma at the ceremony can come by the Registrar's Office to pick up their diploma in two weeks after the ceremony.
Cap and Gown Information
- Candidates who plan to attend the ceremony need to pick up their cap and gown at the Campus Store. The university will not be responsible for expenses incurred in the ordering of cap and gown or invitations.
- Candidates may contact the Campus Store at 254-968-9007 to order their cap and gown and university invitations.
International Flag Carriers
- Tarleton student, faculty and staff are invited to carry a flag during the International Flag Parade, which is a distinctive feature that opens each of our commencement ceremonies. This colorful display of flags represents the countries of our current international student body.
- Individuals interested in carrying a flag should sign up before August 5, 2015 using the following form: Sign up here.
- For more information contact International Programs at 254.968.9545 or email before May 6, 2015. Sign-up is managed on a first-come, first-served basis.