Dick Smith Library is committed to providing library resources and services for all library users. To that end, we offer the following services and resources.
Library staff can, as warranted, assist you in obtaining print materials:
- help you locate books, media items, and periodicals,
- retrieve and hold items for you, and
- deliver via off-campus services.
Dick Smith Library offers a variety of technological assistance:
- wheelchair accessible computer workstations on the main and lower floors and in the Library Instruction Classroom
- laptops for in-library use
The library web site is compatible with some assistive/adaptive technology:
- adjustable font size
- screen readers
Additional assistive/adaptive technology is available in the Office of Student Disability Services (254)968-9400.
Many resources and services are available electronically, which lets you
- search the library catalog for books, media items, and periodicals
- read electronic books,
- renew checked out items using your online catalog account
- search databases for articles and reference books,
- submit interlibrary loan requests,
- download electronic course reserves, and
- request research assistance via Ask a Librarian.
The library strives to provide access to our facility in several ways:
- reserved handicapped parking spaces adjacent to library
- electronic door opener at front entrance
- wheelchair ramp at front entrance
- ADA-compliant aisles and walkways
- alternative accessible entrance – The staff entrance/loading platform is wheelchair accessible and adjacent to the parking lot. Library staff can open this door for you.
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., ring the doorbell.
- After 5 p.m. and on weekends, call the circulation desk (254)968-9450.