Financial Aid Consortium
Tarleton State University participates in the Financial Aid Consortium program which is a coordinated effort between partner institutions to aid students in receiving financial assistance so they may complete their education in a timely manner.
Tarleton State University has Financial Aid Consortium agreements with the following institutions:
- Hill College
- McLennan Community College
- Navarro College
- Tarrant County College
- Weatherford College
- Central Texas College (Texas A&M University- Central Texas)
- Temple College (Texas A&M University-Central Texas)
General requirements for the Financial Aid Consortium program:
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 hours for the fall or spring semesters at Tarleton State University and one of the partner institutions listed above. Consortium agreements are not available for the summer sessions.
- Enroll in approved courses from one of the partner institutions that are transferable to the student's degree program at Tarleton State University. Audited and Developmental courses are not eligible for the Financial Aid Consortium program.
- Make satisfactory academic progress as specified by the Tarleton State University Satisfactory Progress policy.
- Students may not receive financial aid from one of the Financial Aid Consortium partner institutions. Financial aid must go through Tarleton State University.
- Return the completed consortium agreement to the Tarleton Registrar's office prior to the 12th class day for processing.
- Students are responsible for paying the tuition and fees at the consortium partner institution (Hill College, McLennan Community College, Navarro College, Weatherford College, Central Texas College, or Temple College) by their deadlines. Tarleton State University will not send payments on behalf of the student to the consortium institution.
- Please note a registration hold will be placed on the student's record until an official transcript has been received from the partner institution once the semester has concluded.
- If Tarleton State University does not receive an official transcript at the end of the semester, the registration hold will remain on the student's record thus possibly affecting the ability to register for future semesters, and receiving an official transcript from Tarleton.
- Notification of participation in the financial aid consortium will be emailed to the student at their go.tarleton.edu email address. Students should always check their go.tarleton.edu account or forward it to their personal email. For help with your Tarleton email account, please visit the Helpdesk website.
If you have questions regarding the Financial Aid Consortium program you may contact the Registrar's Office or Financial Aid office at one of the partner institutions. You may also contact the Registrar's Office at Tarleton State University for more information.
- Students participating in the Financial Aid Consortium through Hill College, McLennan Community College, Tarrant County College or Weatherford College may contact the Registrar's Office in Stephenville at 254-968-9417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students participating in the program through Central Texas College or Temple College may contact Mary Yeaman at the Killeen Records Office at 254-519-5453 or email@example.com.
- For information regarding student financial aid at Tarleton State University, visit the Financial Aid website.
Click here for frequently asked questions regarding the Financial Aid Consortium.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the Tarleton State University Financial Aid website for the Steps to Participate in the Financial Aid Consortium program and to download the consortium forms for your institution.