- Creating Time for Research (an interesting collection of vignettes from faculty across the country)
- Broadening Participation in Undergraduate Research: Fostering Excellence and Enhancing the Impact
- Developing and Sustaining a Research-Supportive Curriculum: A Compendium of Successful Practices
- How To Mentor Undergraduate Researchers
- How To Get Started in Research
- CUR Quarterly Journal (listed below are articles that may be of most interest):
- Connecting Students to their Community: A Public Research Model of Service
- Scaffolding Faculty-Mentored Authentic Research Experiences for First-Year Students
- Creating Community in Your Undergraduate Research Program: It Isn't Spontaneous!
- Funding: What You Need to Know About Grant Writing
- Developing a Sustainable Research Program for Tenure
- Risk Management: Training Undergraduates in Research Ethics in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Mentoring Students in Professional-Quality Science Communication
- Spotlight: Engaging Humanities Students in Research
- The Gesture of Thinking: Collaborative Models for Undergraduate Research in the
Arts and Humanities - Plenary Presentation at the 2008 CUR National Conference
- Undergraduate Research in the Humanities: Challenges and Prospects
- Undergraduate Research in English Studies (sample chapter here)
- Reading, Writing, and Research: Undergraduate Students as Scholars in Literary Studies
- Affirming the Independent Researcher Model: Undergraduate Research in the Humanities
- Summer Research Involves Students Not Only in Science, but in Humanities
Business & Economics
- Creating Quality Undergraduate Research Programs in Economics: How, when, where (and why) - (follow the "one-click download" link at top)
- Doing Publishable Research with Undergraduate Students
- How to Choose a Good Scientific Problem
- Value and Structure of Research Experiences for Undergraduate Wildlife Students
- Suggestions for New and Aspiring Graduate Students in Wildlife Science
Faculty members interested in attending a CUR conference (or other conference/workshop focused on improving student engagement in research and other scholarly activities) are encouraged to contact the OSRCA. Funding is available to defray travel and registration costs.
Council on Undergraduate Research:
- CUR National Conference: "The 2012 National Conference will be held at The College of New Jersey, June 23-26, 2012. Please check back to this site for more details in the future."
- CUR Institutes are two- to three-day meetings on a college campus at which a small group of people (approximately 45-65 individuals) meet to discuss an issue related to undergraduate research and faculty development, leading to plans for improvement on their own campuses. Since the goal is institutional as well as individual change, persons usually come to the institute in campus-based teams of 3-5 individuals.