Take the steps to begin your journey:
Requirements for Admission
Applicants must be eligible to enroll at all colleges and universities previously attended and submit final official transcripts from each college or university attended. The following minimum standards must be met:
- Students with 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit an accumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher will be admitted.
- Students with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable college credit and a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher will be admitted. Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 - 2.79 will be admitted, provided they also meet the regular admission standards for first-time freshman applicants.
- 11 or fewer semester hours: 2.0 GPA AND meet First-time Freshmen admission requirements. (See Freshman Requirements).
- Students attending an off-campus location must meet additional admission requirements. (See Off-Campus).
- Check our Admission Deadlines.
Requirements are subject to changes as outlined from the Academic Standards Committee.
The student is responsible for sending official transcripts from every institution they have attended to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
Transfer Equivalency Guides
Transfer Equivalency Guides are available for each program offered at Tarleton State University. These are designed for students attending ANY two-year public institution in the State of Texas. The TEGs enable students to choose courses that will work toward his/her degree at TSU while attending a two-year institution.
In 1999, the State of Texas implemented a common core for state-assisted institutions. All Tarleton degree programs are comprised of the same core with each degree program having special provisions. These provisions are noted on each Transfer Equivalency Guide.
If you have any questions regarding transfer of courses, please send an email to the Office of Transfer Services.
- Texas Common Course Numbering System - Course Equivalencies by School
- Transfer Services - Guide to Transferring
- Financial Aid Consortium
- Common Core (General Education Requirements)
- Request to Evaluate Courses: For Courses Taken at Another Institution
- Academic Advising Center
- Students Right to Know
- Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Residency Information
- Residency Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board