International Graduate Requirements
To ensure full consideration, all documents and items required for admission must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office by the deadlines posted below.
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer: April 15
- Fall Semester: June 15
Applicants to a Graduate Program must have earned at least a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or equivalent from a foreign institution)
Late Arrival Policy
A student must arrive on campus by the start date listed on the I-20 or DS-2019 which is the start date of classes.
In Graduate Admissions, an applicant can request one Change of Term without having to pay a second fee. After that, he or she will need to reapply.
Graduate Admission Process
Application and Processing
- Complete the Graduate application form at www.applytexas.org
- Pay a non-refundable, application-processing fee of $145.00. Make the check, Visa or Master Card payable to Tarleton State University. The Application Fee must be submitted within www.applytexas.org
If you do not see the semester for which you wish to apply, you may have missed the deadline for application. Applications close 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
Transcripts and Test Scores
- Applicants must submit accredited translations and evaluations of all the previous academic course work, which includes complete description of courses and overall G.P.A. (Course-by-Course Evaluation). The transcript must bear the date of Bachelor's degree conferral indicating that the applicant was in good standing at the last institution attended. If you have the original Diploma, please include it.
- See list of accredited agencies.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 550 for Regular TOEFL; 213 for Computerized TOEFL; 80 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- GRE/GMAT/MAT scores if required by Major department. Please check with your major department to see which exam, if any, is preferred.
Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on their last 60 hours may be granted conditional admission to the Graduate Program without GRE/GMAT scores, but they must complete one or the other during their first semester at Tarleton State University. (Except in the College of Business where it is waived).
- Affidavit of Support - You must have a reliable financial sponsor.
- Bank Statement(s) showing you have enough funds for a full academic year. To obtain a visa from the U.S. Embassy, you must have documented evidence of financial solvency
- Graduate Assistantship Stipend: Stipend from a graduate assistantship can be used to meet the funding requirement for issuance of the I-20. Stipends are paid monthly. You should be aware that you will need available funds to pay tuition/fees until your first pay check.
|$5,752||Tuition and fees||3 courses per semester|
|$2,800||University Housing||shared apartment|
|$1,769||Meal Plan||10 meals per week|
|$1,500.00||Books, Personal expenses|
|$12,768||One semester||full-time student|
|X2||One year||full-time fall and spring terms|
|$25,536||Approximate total per year|
- For more information, please visit Business Services.
Registering for more than 9 credits will increase costs. Costs will vary depending on program, housing and meal plan selection
- If you choose to stay in one of our dormitories, fill out the Housing Application and include a $100.00 check as a deposit which will be refunded when you leave the dorm.
If you choose to rent a private apartment, you do not need to make a room reservation in a University Dormitory nor is it necessary to send $100 for Room Deposit.
- Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission. For more information please visit our Insurance webpage.
All International students must have valid medical insurance on file with International Programs.
- Notification of pre-existing medical conditions requiring special attention or treatment.