International Graduate Requirements
To ensure full consideration, all documents and items required for admission must be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office by the deadlines posted below.
- Spring Semester: November 15
- Summer: April 15
- Fall Semester: June 15
Applicants to a Graduate Program must have earned at least a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or equivalent from a foreign institution)
Application and Processing
- Complete the Graduate Application Form and sign it.
If you do not see the semester for which you wish to apply, you may have missed the deadline for application. Applications close 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Students applying for admission to TSU are required to pay a non-refundable, application-processing fee of $145.00. Make the check, Visa or Master Card payable to Tarleton State University. The Application Fee must be submitted with the Application Form.
- If you choose to stay in one of our dormitories, fill out the Housing Application and include a $100.00 check as a deposit which will be refunded when you leave the dorm.
If you choose to rent a private apartment, you do not need to make a room reservation in a University Dormitory nor is it necessary to send $100 for Room Deposit.
Letter of Sponsorship
- Affidavit of Support (completed with U.S. currency figures only)
- Applicant must have a reliable financial sponsor. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy, the prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency written on a bank letterhead. A sponsor is obligated to also endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the first year of study. Estimate your tuition with our online calculator.
|$8,963.00||Tuition and fees||3 courses per semester|
|$2,000.00||University Housing||shared apartment|
|$1,769.00||Meal Plan||10 meals per week|
|$1,500.00||Books, Personal expenses|
|$14,232.00||One semester||full-time student|
|X2||One year||full-time fall and spring terms|
|$28,464.00||Approximate total per year|
Records and Test Scores
- Applicants must submit accredited translations and evaluations of all the previous academic course work, which includes complete description of courses and overall G.P.A. (Course-by-Course Evaluation). The transcript must bear the date of Bachelor's degree conferral indicating that the applicant was in good standing at the last institution attended. If you have the original Diploma, please include it.
- See list of accredited agencies.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 550 for Regular TOEFL; 213 for Computerized TOEFL; 80 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- GRE/GMAT Score: Applicants are required to submit a copy of either GRE or GMAT examination scores. Applicants planning to pursue a Master's program in Business may submit GMAT scores instead of GRE scores.
Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on their last 60 hours may be granted conditional admission to the Graduate Program without GRE/GMAT scores, but they must complete one or the other during their first semester at Tarleton State University. (Except in the College of Business where it is waived).
- Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission. For more information please visit our Insurance webpage.
All International students must have valid medical insurance on file with International Programs.
- Notification of pre-existing medical conditions requiring special attention or treatment.