Undergraduate Admissions - International Undergraduate Requirements
SPRING: November 15
SUMMER: APRIL 15
FALL: JUNE 15
All of the following items must be on file in the Admissions Office before a decision can be made:
- This Checklist will help you get through the process.
- SAT 1110 (Texas Success Initiative testing required upon arrival). SAT 1070 or higher with minimum of 500 on both critical reading and math, TSI exempt
- ACT 24 (Texas Success Initiative testing required upon arrival); ACT 24 or higher with individual math and English of no less than 19, TSI exempt
Students with prior university credit should contact the International Programs Office at email@example.com to see if you qualify for SAT/ACT exemption.
Application and Processing
- Complete the undergraduate application form and sign it.
After you submit your Apply Texas Application, within two weeks or sooner, you will receive an e-mail that your application is in process. This e-mail will be followed with a hard copy. Please note that you will be provided an individualized link that you can follow to learn about the status of your application. If you do not receive this communication from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not see the semester for which you wish to apply when you visit the link above, you may have missed the deadline for application. Applications close 60 days prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Students applying for admission to TSU are required to pay a non-refundable, application-processing fee of $130.00. Make the check, Visa or Master Card payable to Tarleton State University. The Application Fee must be submitted with the Application Form.
- If you choose to stay in one of our dormitories, fill out the Housing Application and include a $100.00 check as a deposit which will be refunded when you leave the dorm.
If you choose to rent a private apartment, you do not need to make a room reservation in a University Dormitory nor is it necessary to send $100 for Room Deposit.
Letter of Sponsorship
- Affidavit of Support (completed with U.S. currency figures only)
- Applicant must have a reliable financial sponsor. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy, the prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency written on a bank letterhead. A sponsor is obligated to also endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the first year of study. Estimate your tuition with our online calculator.
|$7,500.00||Tuition and fees||4 courses per semester|
|$2,678.00||University Housing||shared apartment|
|$1,593.00||Meal Plan||10 meals per week|
|$1,500.00||Books, Personal expenses|
|$ 639.00||Required Insurance||billed with tuition|
|$13,910.00||One semester||full-time student|
|X2||One year||full-time fall and spring terms|
|$27,820.00||Approximate total per year|
Records and Test Scores
- First-time freshmen must submit a copy of their high school transcripts bearing an official signature and reflecting all credits earned, along with a date of graduation. All documents must be translated and evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency.
- Transfer students must submit a copy of their university transcript(s). All documents must be translated and evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency.
- See list of accredited agencies.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 520 for Regular TOEFL; 190 for Computerized TOEFL; 69 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- Students without prior college credit for Mathematics courses will have to take Math 107 "College Algebra", Math(1314) or above.
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI): All incoming freshman must take the TSI test before they can be admitted at Tarleton State University. If TSI is not available in your country, you will be allowed to take the test upon arrival. However, the following conditions may exempt students from the requirement of taking TSI:
- ACT: Composite Score of 23 or higher with individual Math and English scores of no less than 19. Scores must be no more than five (5) years old.
- SAT: Composite Verbal and Math score of 1070 or higher with a minimum of 500 on both Verbal and Math.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission.
All International students must have valid medical insurance.
- Notification of pre-existing medical conditions requiring special attention or treatment.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement