The primary mission of the College of Business Administration is to provide a high-quality, innovative, creative, and relevant education in business disciplines to a diverse group of traditional and non-traditional students.
We accomplish this mission by creating an educational environment conducive to the fullest development of each student’s learning and scholarly potential. As a community of scholars, we are committed to achieving excellence in teaching, research, and service to society.
Consistent with COBA mission stated above, and President Dottavio’s “4 E’s” namely Excel, Expand, Encourage, and Extend, and the Six Institutional Priorities, listed in Table 1 below, the College of Business Administration (COBA) Goals address all of its stakeholders, namely the students, faculty and staff, alumni, employers, and funding agencies and sources. The COBA Goals are:
- Continuous improvements to creatively engage all COBA stakeholders;
- Operational excellence to enrich COBA stakeholders’ experiences with COBA;
- Be at the forefront of business administration education and research; and
- Advocate and promote diversity and globalization in programs for all of our stakeholders.
News and Events
- Nov 5 - Registration for Spring 2012 begins
- Nov 5 - Jan 16 - Apply for May 2013 Graduation
- Jan 14 - Classes begin (16 week & 1st 8 week)
- Jan 14-16 - Add/Drop/Late registration
- Jan 16 - Last day to register
- Jan 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, University closed
- Jan 22 - Last day to drop 1st 8 week classes with no record
- Jan 30 - Last day to drop 16 week classes with no record
- Feb 15 - Last day to drop 1st 8 week classes with a Q
- Mar 11-15 - Spring Break
- Mar 18 - 2nd 8 week classes begin
- March 25 - Last day to drop 2nd 8 week classes with no record
- Mar 29 - Last day to drop 16 week classes with a Q
- Mar 29 - No classes
- Apr 1 - Registration for Summer and Fall 2013 begins
- Apr 1-Aug 28 - Application Period for December 2013 Commencement
- April 19 - Last day to drop 2nd 8 week classes with a Q
- May 1 - Last class day
- Study Day. Final Exams begin at 6:30 p.m.
- May 9 - Last day of finals
- May 11 - Commencement