About the MS-IS Degree
Master of Science - Information Systems
In order for you yo enroll in our program, you will need to admitted to the College of Graduate Studies first, by completing the requirements below.
- Complete the application for graduate admission and pay the application fee on the Graduate Studies website at http://www.tarleton.edu/graduate
- Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Submit a 200-300 word essay addressing your educational and professional goals
- Submit official transcripts from prior universities/colleges.
As a master's student, you have up to six years to complete the degree. However, students in the program normally complete two to three classes per semester for the 36 hours program. The program is currently offered completely online. The comprehensive exam is given online as well. Courses are generally taught during the 16 week fall and spring semesters and during the 10 week summer session.
Other Useful Links
- Tuition and Fee Calculator
- Financial Aid and Hazlewood Information
- International Students Information
The purpose of the comprehensive exam for our Masters is to allow the student to demonstrate in a balanced and integrated way that they have mastered the core concepts in our program by using a case study. In particular, the focus is on the following four core courses:
- BCIS 5307 Systems Analysis
- BCIS 5316 Database Systems
- BCIS 5304 Telecommunications
- BCIS 5311 Managing Information Systems
To graduate with the MS-IS degree from Tarleton, a student must:
- complete any required leveling
- complete sufficient hours to meet the 36 hour requirement, including the core courses
- have a grade point average of at least 3.0 for all courses on the degree plan
- successfully complete the MS-IS comprehensive examination