Counselor, Educational Diagnostician, Reading Specialist - Standard
Program Information for school counselor can be found on the Counseling website. Program Information for Educational Diagnostician and Reading Specialist can be found on the Curriculum & Instruction website.
Students should have completed all program requirements, including passing the appropriate TExES test before applying.
- Go to http://tea.texas.gov and click on TEAL Login at the top. Log in and click on Educator.
- Once you have updated your profile information as necessary, choose “Applications” on the left hand side menu. Then choose “STANDARD CERTIFICATE TEXAS PROGRAM.”
- A series of questions will be asked. Please answer the questions honestly. If you have any questions on how to answer, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400.
- On the application, it will ask for Recommending Entity. If you do not select the correct entity, we will not be able to process your application.
Please choose Tarleton State University (University Based).
- It will also ask: subject applying for. Please type in the name of your certificate.
- At the end of the application, you will be given the chance to pay for your certificate ($77.00).
- Submit a signed copy of your teacher service record showing at least two years of classroom teaching. It should be sent to:
Tarleton State University
Educator Preparation Services
Stephenville, TX 76402
Fax: (254) 968-9801
email to: email@example.comOnce we have been able to verify the following, we will make the recommendation to TEA.
- Successful in passing all TExES tests required
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- Required degree for certificate is conferred
- Completion of all program requirements, including completions of all course work on Certificate Plan
- Two years of classroom teaching verified by a teacher service record
If you have any questions concerning the application, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400. You can also reach them by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on their homepage.
If you have applied and want to check on the status of your application, please feel free to contact Allison Andrews at 254-968-9815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.