Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get advised?
When will I need a departmental advisor?
How will I be assigned an advisor?
When do I make application to the Teacher Education Program?
What are the requirements to make application to the program?
Students making application to the Teacher Education Program must have the following requirements:
- Minimum 2.6 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and no grade lower than a C in all courses in the following areas: professional development, emphasis area(s), reading, and supplemental coursework;
- Minimum GPA of 2.6 on all courses listed on the certificate plan;
- Satisfaction of THEA requirements;
- Completion of EDU 320 and PSY 220, 303 or H S 300 with a grade of C or better;
- Completion of 12 hours of required English with a grade of C or better in each course;
- Completion of COMS 101 or its equivalent with a grade of B or better;
- Completion of MATH 107 or higher;
- Evidence of good moral character and the mental, emotional, and physical ability to function effectively in a classroom, and
- Recommendation from the Department of Curriculum & Instruction.
What are the deadlines for application?
Fall Semester - October 15th
Spring Semester - February 15th
Summer Session - June 15th
A request for an Updated Certification and Degree Plan Audit must be filled out and submitted to EDU 320 two weeks prior to the application deadline.