Return to Top
Internship: Your First Year of Teaching
During the year-long internship, an intern is
- employed by the district;
- paid as a first year teacher;
- eligible for benefits;
- reported as the teacher-of-record for retirement purposes;
- teaches with a Probationary Certificate; and
- enrolled in an internship course in both the fall and spring semesters.
Finding A Job
As a TMATE intern, you are responsible for locating the employing district where you will serve your year-long internship. You must apply, interview and negotiate the salary and benefits.