A Probationary Teaching Certificate qualifies a person to teach one year while enrolled in an approved alternative teacher certification program.
A Standard Teaching Certificate authorizes a person to teach in any public school district in Texas. The certificate is valid for five years, and specific professional development requirements must be met before it can be renewed.
To qualify for standard certificate, you must:
- Pass all required TExES exams.
- Successfully complete all TMATE coursework.
- Successfully complete a one-year internship.
- Be recommended by your internship school district.
- Be recommended by TMATE and the Tarleton Certification Office.