Admission Requirements for LVN to BSN Students
- Completion of the 59 general education and nursing prerequisite credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum grade of "C" These courses are to be completed prior to the first class day.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on designated English and Science prerequisite courses prior to the first class day: (a) ENGL 111 and 112; (b) CHEM 103 or 105; (c) BIOL 219 and 220; and (d) BIOL 207 or 307.
- Achieve an Adjusted Individual Total TEAS® Score = national baccalaureate program (Program Type - BSN) average (Mean-Program) or have >= 1110 on the SAT or >= 24 on the ACT.
Only TEAS® scores submitted directly from ATI or from an authorized testing center will be accepted. Scores submitted from a testing center at a college/university other that Tarleton must bear the authorized seal/signature of the testing center.
- Achieve a minimum of 100 selection points (Course, GPA, & Entry Test points) before the residency points are added
A point system is used to select students for admission to the Nursing Program at Tarleton State University (TSU). Students who submit all application materials and the Assessment Technologies Institute® (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)scores by the deadline and meet admission requirements will be ranked on a list in descending order according to their total number of points. Slots will be filled from the point list until classes are full. View the point system.
The point list is eliminated immediately after the last date to register for university credit. Students not admitted must submit a new application and application fee to be considered for the next admission cycle. New references and TEAS scores are not required.
- Current unencumbered license as a licensed vocational nurse or licensed practical nurse in the United States and be eligible for unencumbered licensure as a licensed vocational nurse in Texas. Proof of a current unencumbered Texas license must be demonstrated by the start of course work. This includes completion of a criminal background clearance by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Admission Process for LVN to BSN Students
Applications are due July 1 for Fall semester entry and November 1 for Spring semester entry
Applications submitted outside the dates will not be processed
To be considered for the program admission the individual MUST meet admission requirements and submit application materials to Tarleton and the Department of Nursing by the specified timeframe/deadline. Application to the nursing program is separate from and in addition to the application to Tarleton. Acceptance by Tarleton and the Department of Nursing is required.
1. Apply to Tarleton State University. Application is online (through Apply Texas); links to the application are available via the website at http://www.tarleton.edu/graduate/admissions. Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. This process includes a nonrefundable fee.
2. Apply to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University. The Department of Nursing paper application materials are available in the Nursing Office or on this webpage. This process also includes a nonrefundable fee of $35.
3. Submit TEAS® scores, completed and signed application form, required narrative, 3 letters of recommendation (may use department form for references), and the nonrefundable application fee to the Nursing Office or via mail.
Applications submitted after the deadline or without the application fee (cashier's check or money order only) will not be considered.
- Application - Generic and LVN Entry Students
- Reference Form to use for recommendations
- A non-refundable processing fee of $35.00 must be paid when the application is submitted. The $35.00 processing fee must be paid by cashier's check or money order and made payable to TSU Nursing. No cash, credit cards or personal checks accepted. If the processing fee is not received with the application, the application will not be processed.
Department of Nursing Address
Department of Nursing
Stephenville, Texas 76402
254-968-9139 (General Office Number)