RN to MSN
Registered Nurses (RNs) who completed an associate degree or diploma program are eligible to apply.
Accepted admission to the Department of Nursing and the College of Graduate Studies is required.
Department of Nursing Admission Requirements
- Completion of 57 general education and nursing prerequisite credits from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. These courses are to be completed prior to the first class day.
- Associate degree or diploma from a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). Graduates from non-accredited institutions may request special consideration. A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for these nursing courses.
- Hold a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States and be eligible for unencumbered licensure in Texas. Proof of unencumbered current Texas license must be demonstrated by the start of course work.
- Basic statistics course with a grade of “C” or better (included in the required prerequisite coursework)
- Three letters of recommendation from a professional representative.
- Two years of nursing experience
College of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements
- Completed graduate application with essay and $30 fee
- Submitted GRE or MAT scores (GRE is generally preferred)
- Submitted all official transcripts
- Taken TOEFL or IELTS if an international student
1. Apply to the College of Graduate Studies at Tarleton State University. Application is online (through Apply Texas, select “Graduate” as application type); links to the application are available via the website http://www.tarleton.edu/graduate/future/forms.html. This process includes a nonrefundable fee.
2. Apply to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University using the Alternate Entry application form.
The departmental application fee is waived for RN to MSN applicants.
3. Submit completed Department of Nursing application form, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to the Nursing Office or via mail to
Tarleton State University
Department of Nursing- RN to MSN Admission
Stephenville, Texas 76402
4. Submit official transcripts and GRE scores to the College of Graduate Studies at Tarleton State University.
Deadline: May 1 to start in the fall APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Still accepting applications for Fall 2013.
December 1 to start in the spring
Webpage updated 5/2/13