In this module, we will examine the special case of Statics or Equilibrium as it is called by Physicists. These are problems where there is no translation acceleration or rotational equilibrium. Thus, the sum of the external forces and external torques upon the body must equal zero.
- Equilibrium Problem 1 - Pdf
- Equilibrium Problem 1 - Video
- Equilibrium Problem 2 - Pdf
- Equilibrium Problem 2 - Video
- Module Learning Objectives
- Return To Class Home Page
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Moments"
- 2. MIT Rotational Dynamics
- 3. Mechanical Universe "Torque"
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics