First & Second Law of Thermodynamics
In this module, we will cover the First and Second Law of Thermodynamics to complete our study of energy. We will apply these two laws to study a wide range of applications and thermal processes including the efficiency of heat engines.
- Thermodynamics IV - Pdf
- Work and P-V Diagrams - Video
- First Law of Thermodynamics - Video
- Heat Engines - Video
- Second Law of Thermodynamics - Video
- Coin Entropy Spreadsheet - Excel
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Thermodynamics"
- 2. MIT Ideal Gas Laws - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Low Temperatures) Video 48
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics