Applying for Washington, D.C. Internship
Washington D.C. Internship Eligibility
To participate in the TSU Internship Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Be a student in good standing at Tarleton State University;
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0;
- Meet all program requirements, including ethical guidelines, as outlined by the program coordinator and other program administrators;
- Be enrolled at Tarleton State University for a minimum of 1 hour course credit during the internship semester.
- Have completed 60 semester credit hours of coursework.
All scholarship recipients must enroll and successfully complete, within the semester for which the scholarship has been awarded, 1-6 credit hours determined by the student's department within Tarleton State University. Students are responsible for paying tuition and all fees associated with the registration. Failure to satisfy this requirement will result in repayment of all or a portion of the scholarship funds received. In addition, the intern must complete all requirements and duties as assigned by the appropriate department and college.
To sign up for credit, interns must meet with an advisor in your academic department. After you have registered, please print your application and submit it to internship coordinator located in O.A Grant 241, phone: 254-968-9141. Or, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill Out the Following Form:
- You may not use a 485, 486, 490, 585, 586, 588 credit to satisfy University Core Curriculum requirements.
- The University and many departments set a limit on the number of 485, 486, 490, 585, 586, 588 credits students may use towards their degree. If you have completed a prior internship or have course credit with the above numbers, please talk with your advisor to ensure that you will not exceed your departmental limits, or the university limits.
How to Apply to be a Tarleton Fellow:
- Submit two letters from Tarleton faculty members who know you well and have had you in class
- Answer both questions in no more than 500 words each.