Standards of Conduct
Standards of Conduct:
As members of the Tarleton Community - whether as students, faculty or staff, we are obligated to conduct daily activities with a commitment to the standards of conduct set out in The Texas A&M University System policies and regulations. In part, the Ethics & Compliance Program is based on the university's core values of integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, excellence, and service. These core values are encompassed in the program's Values' Statement below:
"In pursuing our vision as the premier student-focused university in Texas, we, the faculty and staff of Tarleton State University,value an ethical, caring, and diverse campus community which is founded in traditions and characterized by integrity, civility, excellence and service, and we are committed to developing citizens who will shape the future of our nation and beyond."
How can I learn more about ethics and ethical conduct?
All new employees must receive ethics training within 30 days of hire, and all current employees must retake the ethics training every two years in accordance with System Regulation 33.05.02 Required Employee Training.
Where can I find policies related to...
...ethics and ethical conduct?
- System Policy 07.01 Ethics
- System Policy 07.03 Conflicts of Interest, Dual Office Holding and Political Activities
- Tarleton Rule 07.03.01.T1 Political Campaign Events on Property Under the Control of Tarleton State University
- System Policy 07.04 Benefits, Gifts and Honoraria
...waste, fraud, abuse and corruption?
System Policy 10.02.01 Control of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
...academic and research programs?
- Tarleton Rule 12.01.99.T1 Granting Extension of Tenure Probationary Period (development)
- Tarleton SAP 12.02.99.T0.01 Procedures for Implementing Tenure (development)
- System Regulation 15.01.03 Financial Conflict of Interest in Research
- Tarleton Rule 15.01.01.T1.01 Preparation, Review and Submission of Sponsored Projects
- Tarleton Rule 15.01.03.T1 Financial Conflicts of Interest in Sponsored Research
- Tarleton Rule 15.02.99.T1 Export Controls
- Tarleton SAP 15.99.01.T0.01 Use of Human Participants in Research (development)
...compensation and employment issues?
- Tarleton Rule 08.01.01.T1 Affirmative Action Plan
- Tarleton SAP 08.01.01.T1.01 Complaint and Appeal Process for Complaints Alleging Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Related Retaliation
- System Policy 31.05 External Employment and Expert Witness
- System Regulation 31.05.01 Faculty Consulting, External Employment and Conflicts of Interest
- System Regulation 31.05.02 External Employment
- System Policy 33.03 Nepotism
- Tarleton Rule 33.04.99.01 Transporting Non-Employees in University-owned or University-leased vehicles
- System Regulation 33.99.07 Internal Faculty Consulting and Professional Services
- Tarleton Procedure 33.99.14.T1.01 Criminal History Record Information Procedure
...the use of property and services associated with the University?
- System Policy 33.04 Use of System Resources
- System Regulation 33.04.01 Use of System Resources for External Employment
- Tarleton SAP 29.01.03.T0.01 Information Resources-Acceptable Use
- Tarleton Rule 29.01.03.T2 Incidental Computer Use
- Tarleton Rule 25.99.08.T1 Use of Telecommunication Services
What should I do to report wrongdoing?
- University Compliance Help and Reporting, or
- Systems Risk, Fraud, & Misconduct Hotline - is a web-based or hotline reporting system that provides a way to anonymously report instances of suspected fraud, waste and abuse, or
- You may also report wrongdoing to the Texas State Auditor's Office:
- By phone: (800) 892-8348
- On the Web: Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse in Texas Website
I have a question about ethics...what should I do?
- A list of Subject Matter Experts is referenced in the Resources tab located in the left side bar of this web page, or
- Click on the University Compliance Help and Reporting button for options to obtain information.