State Agency Energy Savings Program
Governor Executive Order RP 49
"Each state agency shall develop a plan for conserving energy and shall set a percentage goal for reducing the usage of electricity, gasoline and natural gas."
Tarleton Goals for 2012
- Energy Usage - MMBTU / NASF - Reduction of 2.0% (As compared to 2011)
- Gasoline Fleet Fuel Usage - GALLONS - Increase of 2.0% in MPG(As compared to 2011)
How you can help!
Conserving Tarleton's resources is everyone's responsibility. Recommendations for conserving resources:
- Turn off lights in offices and classrooms when not in use.
- Turn off computer monitor when leaving the office or classroom, and turn off computers, monitors, and printers overnight and on weekends.
- Turn off copy machines overnight and on weekends.
- Report any parking lot or other outside lights that are on during daylight hours to the Control Center at ext. # 9265.
- Use stairs when possible, rather than elevators.
- Limit the use of office lights to those needed for work, and not for looks.
- Limit the use of refrigerators in offices and allow areas to share refrigerators.
- Report dripping and leaking faucets, showers, urinals or toilets to the Control Center at ext.. # 9265.
If you have recommendations or ideas for the conservation of energy, fill out the form and email it to the Associate Vice President of Physical Facilities.