Services for the Friends of the Library
The Library staff invites all Friends of the Dick Smith Library to take advantage of the services available to Friends members. Access to these services are available through the links listed below .
Friends with a current membership card may borrow up to 5 items on their circulation account at one time. Standard overdue rates apply. Membership cards are mailed by the Circulation department and should arrive within 5-7 days after submitting your Friends application.
The Dick Smith Library provides Friends members with guest accounts for access to the library's in-house computers. We welcomes and encourages guests to use our resources; however, Tarleton and other University students with proper ID have priority access to Library computers.
- Guests must provide a valid ID at the reference desk to obtain a temporary password.
- Guest users must be at least 16 years old or accompanied by an adult parent/guardian.
- Guests must use computers on the main level to facilitate the staff's assistance.
- During the regular semester, guest passes are not available between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- During the regular semester guest computer access may be further restricted during high demand periods. Watch for posted signs.
- Guests should limit their computer time to two (2) hours.
- Printing is $.05/per single-sided or $.08/per double-sided page - charges are non-refundable.
Who Can I Call For Additional Help?
For information on Friends of the Library membership please contact Tonya Dobson at email@example.com or 254-968-9474.