Emergency and Crisis Counseling
Assistance is available 24 hours a day for students experiencing crisis situations which need to be addressed immediately. During office hours, 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, please call the Counseling Center at (254) 968-9044 or come to the Center located in Room 212 of the Thompson Student Center and you can meet with one of our highly qualified professional counselors.
After hours you can call our number and you will be will be automatically directed to ProtoCall which is staffed by counselors who can guide you through your crisis over the phone and connect you with resources. If our center is closed and you need to speak to someone face-to-face immediately, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Below are some additional phone numbers that may be helpful.
- Campus Police 968-9002 or 911
- Pecan Valley Center Suicide Hotline 1-800-772-5987
- Rape, Sexual Abuse and Domestic Violence Hotline 254-965-HELP (4357)
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-888-4036
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741 (the left side of a dial pad)
- Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- National Substance Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-4357
- Poison Control Center 1-800-764-7661
Other Local Resources:
- Cross Timbers Family Services 254-965-HELP
- S.T.A.R. Council on Substance Abuse 254-965-5515