Mission Statement and Goals
The Tarleton State University Challenge Course is an energizing learning experience. By combining high and low elements, the facilitators/staff will provide clientele with a safe, fun, unique and innovative opportunity to promote group and personal growth, team building as well as communication and trust.
The goals Tarleton Challenge are:
- Provide training in the areas of problem solving, interpersonal skills, communications and values explored through a series of unique, solvable and incremental initiatives and elements.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem along with the individual’s sense of community, through this, individuals should realize that they matter to others in their community.
- Build groups and organizations into cohesive, well-functioning units by developing a sense of community and commitment through the use of experiential, individual and group learning.
- Help students deal with the stress and ambiguity of college life by providing a motivational bonding opportunity that is an alternative to negative coping mechanisms and inappropriate social outlets.
- Provide development opportunities for university students, staff and faculty.
- Create a healthier learning environment and contribute to increased student retention at Tarleton State University.