We're glad you are interested in working for Student Publications at Tarleton State University! Below, please find full descriptions of jobs currently available in our office. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call (254) 968-9056.
The Department of Student Publications is seeking an Advertising Representative to maintain and increase advertising revenue for the department through its print and online mediums. The person in this position will aid the department in maintaining an advertising revenue of at least $18,000.
Job duties (including but not limited to)
- Maintain existing advertising agreements with current clients for online and print publications;
- Seek out and retain new advertising agreements for online and print publications;
- Meet or exceed a monthly sales goal averaging about $1,000/month;
- Maintain accurate and up to date files that include contact information, call logs, contracts, etc. on all clients;
- Work with campus departments and help develop advertising campaigns to promote events/activities for online and print publications;
- Develop and execute campaign to sell ads for the Grassburr yearbook;
- Assist the Administrative Assistant with invoicing and billing;
- Layout and design advertisements to meet the specifications of the client
- Work with the Graduate Assistant to develop, plan and execute promotional events for JTAC News;
- Assist the Office Manager with administrative duties such as answering phone, greeting visitors, making deposits, checking mail, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
The desired candidate should have experience in marketing and/or sales, should be comfortable with sales goals/quotas, and should be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
How to apply
Apply online! You will be provided with further details/instructions once you have submitted your online application.
Graduate Assistant for Public Relations
The Department of Student Publications is seeking a Graduate Assistant to assist in the development of a variety of programs and services that enhance, promote and increase visibility for the department. A major component of the GA’s position is assisting with the research, planning and coordination of the Student Publication’s JTAC News and Grassburr programs including providing advisement for the promotion of both areas, and support to the overall department mission through certain data collection activities. The GA must have excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to create and present workshops and programs within the department and interact with a variety of advertising constituents.
Job Duties (including but not limited to)
- Plan, organize and execute programs and events that enhance the student experience while at the same time promoting the Department of Student Publications;
- Assist JTAC News and Grassburr organize and execute their existing programs and events and ensure these events are helping to positively promote the department;
- Develop and implement marketing for the Student Publications programs that include both JTAC News and the Grassburr (i.e. advertising campaigns, updating websites, client advertisements and special publications);
- Maintain and enhance the Student Publications social media presence to provide appropriate and current information to all constituents;
- Develop, plan and execute promotional campaign to increase readership from alumni, parents and prospective students as well as to increase overall traffic on the JTAC News website;
- Assist with assessment and evaluation of all Student Publications programs to inform future initiatives;
- Conduct research on whom Student Publications’ main audience is and how to focus and increase the department’s reach with its publications;
- Work with Student Life Assessment to develop focus groups and surveys for assessment of the above objectives;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Desired candidate should have experience in sales, marketing and/or event planning, and have a keen sense of social media campaigns. The candidate should also be proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.), and be proficient in creating and editing material for publications and websites. Good organizational skills are important as well as the ability to interact positively with students, faculty, staff and other external clients.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Caleb Chapman, Director of Student Publications, T-Box 0440, Stephenville, TX 76401. Submissions can also be brought to Student Publications, Barry B. Thompson Student Center, Room 20, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.