Overview of Services
Unless exempt, students planning to attend a Texas institution of higher education must complete the tsi Assessment. Incoming Tarleton students will not be invited to Orientation until scores or exemptions are on file with Admissions. Detailed information is contained within the TSI Pre-Assessment, which is required prior to scheduling the exam. To request that we proctor the tsi Assessment for you remotely, please complete the TSI Remote Proctor Authorization Form.
Some students are seeking degrees for which it would be beneficial to enroll in a non-entry point freshman math during their first semester. With advisor approval, those students may take the College Level Math Placement (CLMP). This exam can be proctored at approved locations.
Students seeking admission to Tarleton's Teacher Education Program are required to take thea or an alternative. caat offers accuplacer, compass, and the THEA Quick Test. We are also a site for TExES, and work closely with the Educator Preparation Services to provide testing opportunities to meet the needs of Tarleton students.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam is required for admission to Tarleton's Nursing Program. Contact Nursing for more information.
Credit by Examination
Students seeking to obtain college credit through exams may be interested in the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Although caat offers all of the exams available through clep, Tarleton does not award credit for each exam. Prior to registering for clep, please review the relevant information in the current catalog (Scroll down to "Course Credit" and click the arrow to the right to expand).
Graduate Entrance Exams
Many graduate programs require that their applicants take an entrance exam. CAAT offers the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
caat is a testing site for Pearson VUE, which offers numerous exams, including the General Education Development (ged) and various licensure and certification exams.
Resources & Information
- Accommodated Testing
- Alphabetical List of Exams
- Campus Map/Directions
- Parking Information for Visitors
- Pay for an Exam
- Proctored Exam Information
Testing Center Policies
- Food and drinks are not allowed in testing labs.
- No one may accompany you inside the testing labs. Childcare not provided.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your testing time.
- Be sure to have a photo ID with you when you check-in.
- Any payment for exams should be made prior to your arrival unless other arrangements have been made.
- No personal items (including cell phones) are allowed in the testing labs (lockers are available at no cost).
- The suite is video and audio monitored for test security; risks to the integrity of the testing environment will not be tolerated.