Texan Gateway Program
The Texan Gateway Program is an intensive 6 Week Summer Bridge Program for first-time freshmen admitted through a special admissions process for the Summer 2015. Participants are required to take up to 6 hours of coursework which will include a sequence of math courses determined by the Texas Success Initiative and college readiness standards, a 2 hour Learning Frameworks class (UNIV 1201) and a course selected from other general education required courses to complete the 6 hours of enrollment beginning with 6 Week Summer session 2015 on June 11, 2015 and concluding July 22, 2015.
To successfully complete the Texan Gateway Program and join the Class of 2019 for the Fall 2015 semester a Texas Gateway Program participant must:
- Successfully complete all coursework earning 6 hours of credit.
- Attain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher for 6 week summer session.
- Earn a "C" or better in all developmental coursework required based upon the Texas Success Initiative and the college readiness standards.
- Enroll in UNIV 1201 - Learning Frameworks course to provide for a successful transition to college coursework and campus life for the 6 week program.
- Enroll in UNIV 1102 - Learning Frameworks course for Fall 2015 to provide academic support during the fall semester along with a Transitioning to College Class in their major field of study and grouped general education courses to continue the cohort model.
- Participate in the iSUCCEED Program with the Center for Academic Readiness and Success for the Spring 2016 semester.
- Attend a Texan Gateway Program orientation on April 18, 2015 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm in Room 102 of the Science Building for information about the program, advising for Summer classes and registration for classes. Participants must attend this Texan Gateway Orientation or they will not be allowed to participate in the Program.