Take the steps to begin your journey:
General Educational Development
First Time Freshman who did not graduate from high school but have had General Educational Development tests.
Items needed for application process:
- ApplyTexas Application
- $45 Application Fee
- Official GED test scores
- Official SAT or ACT test scores
- Any other items requested by the Office of Admissions based on application answers
Special Requirements for Admission
- A GED will be considered equivalent to a high school diploma, provided the average standard score is at least 55 or no subscore is less than 50.
- For students testing January 2014 or later, the average score must be at least a 170 with no subscore less than 160.
- An official copy or photocopy of the results must be submitted.
- Applicants must submit official SAT or ACT scores with a minimum score of 950 on the Old SAT or a 1030 on the New SAT or 20 on the ACT.
Students must also meet the Uniform Admission Policy (UAP) requirements as stated under the regular freshman admission requirements.