Take the steps to begin your journey:
High School Graduates
First Time Freshman entering Tarleton directly from a Texas public high school accredited by the Texas Education Agency or a Texas non-public school accredited by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission.
Special Requirements for Admission
Completion of Sixth High School Semester
Students who are in the top ten percent of their class or who meet the SAT/ACT requirement shown above will be admitted after completion of their sixth semester. High school transcripts showing grades through the junior year, projected date of graduation, estimated rank, and SAT or ACT score must be submitted before a decision will be made regarding admission to the University.
Completion of Seventh High School Semester
Students submitting a seventh semester transcript and SAT/ACT scores who meet regular admission requirements will be given early notification.
State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy (UAP)
The Texas Education Code (TEC) 51.803-51.809 requires that all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible to be considered for admission to a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the recommended or advanced high school program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT or SAT assessment.
- Old SAT - 1500 out of 2400 (Critical Reading, Math AND Writing)
- ACT - 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Math and 24 Science
Students applying to Tarleton State University from a non-Texas public high school are required to submit a completed high school certification form along with your high school transcript. Please select one of the forms listed below, download the form to complete and return to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
For questions on which form to complete, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-968-9123.
Texas Schools (including Private or Home Schools):
- UAP1 - Students entering Grade 9 BEFORE the 2007-2008 School Year
(Texas High Schools) - traditionally graduates in 2010
- UAP2 - Students entering Grade 9 IN 2007-2008 School Year or later
(Texas High Schools) - traditionally graduates beginning in 2011
Out-of-state High School Students:
- UAP3 - Students entering Grade 9 BEFORE the 2007-2008 School Year
(Non Texas High Schools) - traditionally graduates in 2010
- UAP4 - Students entering Grade 9 IN 2007-2008 School Year or later
(Non Texas High Schools) - traditionally graduates beginning in 2011
Requirements are subject to changes outlined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.