Take the steps to begin your journey:
Eligibility for PSA
- Must have completed freshman application on file with the Office of Admissions & Records at Texas A&M University - College Station for the given fall semester by their deadline.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for admission to the Texas A&M Institution they wish to attend.
Requirements for Admission
PSA eligible students will be notified by Texas A&M University - College Station.
Qualifications for PSA
- Candidate must choose and complete specific course requirements from one of the approved Texas A&M University - College Station program specific degree plans.
- Complete at least 24 transferable hours in residency at a single Texas A&M University System Institution after high school graduation and by the end of the spring semester of their first year of college.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all courses attempted from the approved Texas A&M University - College Station program specific degree plan.
- Meet all general transfer requirements (PSA Transfer Form, transcripts, deadline dates, etc.) for admission to Texas A&M University.
- PSA students who DO NOT complete the requirements for automatic admission to Texas A&M University - College Station can apply for admission as a regular transfer student.
- Students not interested in one of the majors under the PSA can still be admitted to a Texas A&M University System institution and apply for admission as a regular transfer student to Texas A&M University - College Station.
Apply for the PSA Option
Students eligible for the PSA will be notified by Texas A&M University - College Station and directed to the Applicant Information System (AIS). Students must respond appropriately.
Once Tarleton State University receives the application, transcripts and scores from Texas A&M - College Station, it will take 5-10 business days to process the PSA file depending on the volume received. Please check your email that you provided to Texas A&M on your original application for admission as this will be the email that Tarleton will use for communication.
For questions about your Tarleton application, please use the contacts below.
For questions regarding the AIS, please access the "Contact Us" button on the Texas A&M University - College Station AIS site.
For Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the Texas A&M University PSA site.