Skip to page content
Return to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand AllContract All

Do I have to take AlcoholEdu?
Yes, if you are a freshman.  AlcoholEdu is a university requirement for all first time freshmen and freshmen with less than 30 transfer hours.
I transferred from another school and I took AlcoholEdu there. Do I have to take it again at Tarleton?
If you took AlcoholEdu at another college last year (2012-13 only, not earlier), you may be eligible to opt out.  You must provide proof from the AlcoholEdu administrator at the other college.  To get more info, contact Daron Trussell (254) 968-0761.
When can I start taking the course?
Any time on or after Jan. 10, 2014.
How long is the course?
  • The course has two sections, Part 1 and Part 2.  Part 1 takes approximately 3 hours to complete (we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings).
  • About 30 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.  Part 2 takes about 15 minutes.  Both Part 1 and Part 2 must be completed to meet university requirements.
Is there a deadline?
Yes.  The deadline for completing Part 1 is Jan. 26, 2014.  The deadline to complete Part 2 is March 28, 2014.  These deadlines CANNOT be extended.
Will I be tested on the information?
Yes.  To complete Part 1, you must pass a test by 70% or higher.  Otherwise you will not receive credit for the course.
What happens if I do not complete by the deadline?

You will be in violation of not completing a university requirement.  Therefore:

  • A letter will be sent to the Judicial Affairs office stating that you are in violation.  It will be put in your file.  To remove this letter from your file, you must complete AlcoholEdu. Also, if you have an alcohol related violation anytime while at Tarleton, the consequences rendered by Judicial Affairs will be more severe.
  • It will affect your ability to be hired in several jobs and to be selected for leadership positions in the Division of Student Life (e.g. in Student Activities, Leadership, Greek, Dining Hall, Residential Living & Learning, etc).  This is because not meeting this university requirement shows a lack of follow through, that you may not be dependable to meet expectations, etc.
What if I have technical problems?

There is an AlcoholEdu 24/7 Technical Support Center:

  • On the Alcohol Edu web site, the top right hand corner there is a button called “Technical Help.” This will give you access to on-line help.
  • You can also call technical assistance at 1-866-384-9062
Can you change/correct my email address? I am not getting email reminders.
No, but you can make changes yourself in “Duck Trax.”  Contact the Registrar’s Office (254) 968-9121 for assistance.
Will I get academic credit for taking AlcoholEdu?
No.  If you are taking DGS/Freshman Seminar class, the instructors have incorporated AlcoholEdu into the course.  However, you do not get academic credit for AlcoholEdu by itself.
Can I substitute AlcoholEdu with an alcohol class I have taken elsewhere?
No, there are no substitutes.