Texan Shadow Overview - Students
- Do you want first-hand knowledge of a "day in the life" of a job or career field?
- Do you ever wonder "What would it be like to work for (you fill in the blank)?"
- Get first-hand experience "shadowing" a professional in the field of your choosing through Texan Shadow!
- Follow the steps below, and let us match you with a great opportunity!
Getting Started and Requirements
Ready to dive in?
Please note the following change:
Applications are only being accepted for Juniors and Seniors at this time!
Applying to Texan Shadow is a Four-Step process. Your application is not complete until you have done all four of these things:
Complete an Online application
- Provide as much detail as you can.
- Submit your completed application.
- Look for a confirmation email.
Watch the PowerPoint slideshow.
- A link to the PowerPoint is in the confirmation email.
- You will need sound. You may come to our office if you need a computer with speakers.
Take (and pass) the Quiz.
- The link is located on the last PowerPoint slide
- You have 10 days from when you submit your application to complete and submit your quiz!
- We will call you to arrange an interview.
- We will contact you after the interview to let you know if you have been accepted to participate in Texan Shadow.
Things to Consider:
- We will share some information in your application (name, major, classification, contact info) with your workplace mentor. Please make sure your info is correct and your email address is professional.
- Travel is your responsibility.
- If you are accepted into the program, placement can take 30 days or more and is not guaranteed. We will do our best to place all participants!
- We will send you a quick survey after your shadow and ask that you provide feedback to help us improve.
- Call us at any time if you have questions / concerns: 254-968-9078.