Tips and Tricks
Accessibility: Creating Accessible Documents
You often read my tips on making your web sites accessible, but there is more to being accessible than just making your web pages accessible – the documents you link to on your web pages need to be accessible as well.
The Texas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities has created a new resource with tutorials on how to make Office 2010 documents accessible, including applications like Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you are already saying, “But I only have Office 2007,” I’m right there with you. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the link to Microsoft Word 2007 Videos.
The tutorials contain topics such as:
- Understanding Assistive Technology
- Creating Accessible Emails
- Productivity/Accessibility Ribbon Explained
- Using the Accessibility Checker
- How to Make an Old Document Accessible
- How to Make Figures Accessible
- How to Make Hyperlinks Accessible
- How to Make Accessible Tables
- Converting Word 2010 to PDF
- And yes, much more!