Take the steps to begin your journey:
How to Apply for Financial Aid
A student should apply on or after January 1 of the year they plan to attend college.
To apply for financial aid at Tarleton State University, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically. There is no charge for processing the FAFSA. It is free. Some students will not have to complete an entire FAFSA, but can use a Renewal FAFSA, preprinted with last year's data, and simply change or add information as needed.
For the summer semesters only, you must also complete a summer office application. These applications are available in the Financial Aid Office.
FAFSA on the Web is a free U. S. Department of Education web site where you can complete a FAFSA online and submit it via the Internet. The Internet address is www.fafsa.ed.gov.
After your electronic data is received:
- Review the data for completion and data integrity
- Request additional documents and/or missing information if necessary.
- Evaluate and verify reasonable academic progress
- Determine your Cost of Attendance (COA) budget
- Make an award package based on your academic and financial eligibility and the availability of aid funds.
Your award notification will be available online through myGateway.